fring now on iPhone 4, brings the joy of unrestricted video calling to all smartphone users
iPhone 4 users get free 2-way video calling to friends on iPhone, Android, Nokia over 3G and Wifi - anyone, anywhere
London, United Kingdom, 8 July 2010. fring, the multi-award winning mobile over internet communication service, today announces that following launching the world’s first video calling on iPhone, it now provides iPhone users unrestricted 2-way video calling over Wi-Fi or 3G internet with other iPhone, Android or Symbian devices.
This newest fring version gives millions of iPhone fring users the same face-to-face video calling experience currently enjoyed by millions of fringsters on Android and Nokia and offers iPhone 4 users the freedom to video call any friend across different mobile platforms including iPhone 0S3 (one-way video), iPhone 4, Android and Nokia (Symbian 60) from anywhere – both from Wi-Fi hotspots and on 3G (3G performance is subject to mobile operators’ 3G coverage & quality).
"We are thrilled to bring iPhone users unrestricted video calling with all their friends and family. Ever since we launched the world’s first mobile video calling last year, we see millions of users thirsty to share richer communication experiences” said Avi Shechter, fring’s Co-Founder and CEO. “We’re proud to facilitate this face-to-face mobile communication experience among friends wherever they are and wherever their friends are on smartphones."
In addition to unrestricted 2 way video calls for iOS4 on iPhone 3GS & 4, the latest fring version for iPhone 4 also includes:
- Multitasking so users can be always on and available to their friends. fring runs in the background even as other iPhone services/apps run so users are alerted to new video calls, chat or fring calls without proactively opening fring.
- New Social Stream: A chronological stream of all tweets, facebook updates, chats and calls, all in one place with easy, cross-community communication and simple sorting capabilities.
- A Smarter address book: simply manages your buddy list, merges contacts and more
fring's new iPhone version is now available for download from the iPhone App Store. More information is available on fring's website here.
- ends -
fring (www.fring.com) is a multi-award winning mobile application that lets users communicate over mobile internet and share experiences from their mobile devices. fring operates as the users' mobile social communication hub. Friends video call, call, chat, share files & experiences on fring and other integrated communities and social networks all through one central profile.
fring lets users communicate across social networks, mobile operators, device platforms and internet access connections. fring is completely free to download and free to use.
fring requires no additional hardware, is pc-independent, has no geographical or location limitations and operates on any available mobile internet connection (3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE & WiMAX). fring supports thousands of devices on multiple platforms including iPhone/ iPod touch, Android, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, J2ME, Linux and MeeGo devices. fring continues to grow exponentially with millions of users across more than 200 countries, with more than half a million new users joining fring every month.
* fring™ fringster™ fringing freedomTM and the fring™ logo are all trademarks of fringland Ltd .
* Other trademarks are the trademarks of their respective owners. fring is independent from, and not affiliated with, those trademarks owners.
* Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
* iTunes is for legal or right holder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
For more information, please contact:
Marketing Communications at fring™
email@example.com, Tel: (+972) 54-6493641